Saturday, January 2, 2010

And another year passes by

So 2009 has come and gone and now its 2010... Wait... 2010 already? haha it just feels like time flies by quicker the older you get. I swear it only sunk in that i had turned 21 a couple minutes after the countdown... probably because of exams or maybe im just that slow haha. Who knows.. but 2009 has been one of the best years i've ever had, from the good times and bad times, i feel like i've experienced and learned so much this year. Im not only talking about learning about things but to actually go and live life to the fullest and attempt to step out of my comfort zone

The highlight of 2009 will have to be the Winter and fall retreats with UWCCF... i think those were definitely life changers.. (you can ask me about them in person if you want, i like to tell stories)

Because of these retreats i think i have a totally new perspective on life and what my purpose is... well maybe for the near future, but generally i think i have a good idea what i can do, what i need to do, what i need to stay away from and just overall be joyful!

I mean, bad things happen to everyone at some point in their life, and even many times, but why dwell on those bad times? While you re complaining, being emo, being antisocial, etc, you can use that time to focus on the positives and enjoy life! especially when our time here on Earth is very limited... maybe way more limited than we sometimes thing. So why not go out and laugh, play, and just just be joyful?

I really need to thank all my friends and family for getting me through the tough times this year, and there was quite a bit of them. And also for celebrating the Good times with me. Its such a blessing to have such a great supportive group of friends and family around me and there are no words to explain how thankful i am of them

I also want to thank my 2 brothers in Christ, one my mentor and a good friend who has helped me grown so much spiritually through our discipleship group and also being in a leadership role for CCF, i don't think i would have become the person i am right now without their guidance and support. Thanks guys!

I want to thank all of the new friends i've met this year, listening to their stories, getting to know them, and just chilling... its been great meeting so many cool people this year!

And theres also my softball team... It was probably the most fun and chill season i've had with CCSA just cause of the how easy it was to coach these guys and girls. I think they've taught me so much more about myself as a coach than i taught them..... of course i taught them a lot of stuff about softball... you know what i mean

So how do i rate how 2009 went? even with the tough times i would still give it 11/10 just because there were so many more good times than bad ones. Not only that, but i feel like my spiritual walk has grown exponentially and ive done so many things that I never would have thought i would be doing just a year ago! (stepping out of the comfort Zone)

I guess now its 2010, i wonder what the future holds? But i just really want my spiritual growth to grow like it did in 09 because no matter how much i grow, i dont think i can know enough about God. I mean when you look at any type of relationship you have, you just keep learning new things about that person, only if you seek it. Its the same thing when developing your personal relationship with God... ONLY IF YOU SEEK IT... so im hoping to just keep seeking, constantly
Then theres optometry... still waiting on whether i get accepted or not... i'll most likely know early march-ish.. soo fingers crossed
I mean theres no way to know what to expect in the upcoming future
In a mans heart he determines his course, but the lord determines his steps... proverbs 16:9
I mean we can choose what we want to do and each choice has its own consequence, but sometimes we forget that with every step we take, God is there to help us through tough times and God is there to celebrate the good times, sooo hopefully i don't forget that along the way!

So Hopefully 2010 will be just as good or even better than 2009, but either way, I just have to focus on the positive things in life... and that will help carry me through the year. Thats pretty funny because today, the first day of 2010, i had dinner at my grandparents' house and we were looking through old photo albums of when i was 1 and 2, and in every picture i had a big smile on my face (there was a lot of them too cause im the first born on my moms side! yup im that special haha), so if you re wondering why i seem like a joyful guy, i guess i was just born like that.... a happy kid all grown up and ready to live out 2010.... PS... i was a pretty cute baby too!! HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment