Monday, June 14, 2010

GO FORTH AND BE AWESOME!

o mann.. its been a month and a bit since i wrote my last post!! I think i usually post about 2 blogs a month when i was in school, but i guess now the work/summer life has hit me pretty hard. So ive gotten involved in a lot of things this summer and as you can see from my lack of blogging, ive been pretty busy. Well mostly busy, but also part slacking on facebook, msn, gtalk, sportsnet, etc.. just wasting my time away when i should be doing my devotions (Devos), blogging, more time chilling with friends and stuff that is actually useful.

My life for the past month as really been something... im currently playing in 3 softball leagues, coaching in one of those three, part of the leadership for the fellowship at my church, lead worship on some sundays, work (a 9-5 job). Well because of the job, i dont really have much time to do a lot of things that i would like to accomplish in a day (not that im complaining about having a job!). But what has suffered is my devos, working out and sleep. Three very important things to me.
For my devos, its important for me to have my quiet time with God, read the bible a bit, and just pray and see what God has in store for me this summer

For my working out.. i feel very sluggish when i dont work out.. Maybe theres all this energy in my thats just stuck inside and it feels restless and just wants to get out. Also having at least 3 softball games doesnt help either since i need to rest from those games

Sleep.. O man.. a lack of sleep is terrible especially when you get up at 6 30am.. im sure you all know what i mean

But because of a lack in all three things, two weeks ago, i experienced a major burn out, which resulted in me, sleeping for 11 hrs on a monday followed by 9 hrs on a tuesday (after work). And man it wasnt pretty.. God really humbled me down this time, that I cant do everything on my own, that My body is weak.. that i need to go to God for strength

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40: 29-31

Actually all three things devos, working out, and sleep are all vital parts of me, which are my spiritual, physical and mental well being. And because all three have been thrown out of wack, so was I.

So what did I do? I just prayed, prayed for forgiveness, for healing, for wisdom and for people to pray for me in my search to find a balance in these three things cause i know God wants me to be healthy in order to fulfill what he has planned for me this summer.

After that burn out, i am still struggling to keep all three in check, but i know with God's strength and prayer from friends i am definitely getting better at it, even though more things are being thrown at me left, right and centre!

So my challenge to you is to ask yourself.. are you sacrificing something important for things that dont really matter? are you giving excuses of being too busy to do the things you really want to do and the things you know you should do? If yes, get off your butt and go do them NOW!!!!!!.. kkthanxbye!

PS I want to leave you all with something really encouraging that my friend sent me:

This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important, because are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind. Let it be something good. ( A NEW DAY, Dr. Heartsill Wilson)

So use your day for something Good and leave behind something that you will remember as important and never waste any day of your precious life! Like i wrote on an encouragement card that my softball team is handing out... GO FORTH AND BE AWESOME!

3 comments: